Sunday, May 8, 2016

I Didn't Like It: Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara

I'm a bare necessities kind of girl when it comes to wearing make up. In law school, I wore under eye concealer, mascara, a tinted lip balm, and maybe foundation if I needed some extra coverage. However, now that I'm out of school and working, I find myself only wearing mascara. I'm usually in a hurry to get out the door in the morning and I also hate the way makeup feels on my skin after a long day.

Since I've cut my makeup routine down to basically mascara, I find myself experimenting with different brands and new formulas. I recently purchased the Tartiest Lash Paint Mascara from Sephora. I've used Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara in the past and I loved it. I wish I could say the same for Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara.

When I use mascara,  I want my lashes to look full, long, and I like the color to be dark black. I don't like clumping and I'm not fond of overly wet mascaras.

Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara is a very wet formula, and it also clumped very badly on my lashes. I also did not like the look it gave my eyelashes. The mascara didn't make my lashes look fuller and it didn't make them look longer - they just looked darker. Also, by the end of the day the mascara was under my eyes and on my eyelids, which is not a good look.

I used this mascara for a week and I would not recommend purchasing it. If you're in the market for a mascara and want to try a Tarte product, I recommend Lights, Camera, Lashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment